our family 2014

our family 2014

Monday, August 22, 2011

What we have been up to.

So sorry, I have been slacking. Part of me is thinking what would I write about, and the other part is thinking that there is too much that has happened. I don't know if that is really possible, and if it doesn't make sense I blame it on being pregnant. I now have less then 2 months left, before our no name baby comes to see us. I guess JJ and I should decide on a name, but we are both kind-of stubborn and like different names.
JJ has been enjoying his rotations so far in his fourth year. We are so releaved, proud, and excited that JJ is DONE with his Step 2 Board Tests!!!!!! No just the waiting game of interviews and "THE residency MATCH." I don't know if I can wait until February to find out where we will be for the next 5 years. Waiting games.
Jacob is doing great, even though sometimes I feel like a monster has taken over his body. I know I am his Mom and is my job to proud and bias, but we have one smart cookie!!!! Before Jacob was 2 he knew his entire alphabet, and not just order but truly recognized all the letters. He knew his numbers 1-20, and 1-10 in spanish (which he learned from his cousin in 1 weekend that they spent together in Tucson). Jacob is now 3 and has picked up on phonics (for the most on his own). He is just so eagar to learn; it has always been something that we have been able to use to keep him occupide. So a couple of weeks ago, JJ started to see if Jacob wanted to learn how to read. We have been spelling some words with him for a while, like his name and small 3 letter words. So Jacob can now spell words like love, family, prayer. We use this colage of words (by the kitchen table) that I made about a year ago from conference October 2010 conference topics that stuck out to our little family. HE IS JUST AMAZING, I'm just saying.
We had so much fun in AZ even though we missed JJ when he was in Oregan (doing a rotation). It was hard to leave our family, but it was nice to come home, and I was so glad that we pretty much left the home spotless. So now I think that the correct word is nesting, but I always enjoy orgnizing. I have started to deep clean every room in our house and reorganizing to make space work better for our family. The main floor is pretty much done, but now I need to work on the bedrooms. Which means that I can finally get the babies things completely ready. I just need about another 4-5 weeks before this guy can come. We are so excited to have our little family of four!!!!!!

No comments: